Clifton Family Chiropractic Can Help You Give Birth With Less Pain
More than ever, pregnant women are getting chiropractic help prior to giving birth.
- Because birth can get easier when your spine and hips are well aligned.
- Chiropractic can also decrease the chances you go through back labor.
Here are some chiropractic facts:
- Dr. Lou, your Clifton family chiropractic doctor, is trained to work with pregnant women.
- Pregnancy chiropractic is routine care, and has the potential to increase your pregnancy wellness.
- The Webster technique is a common and effective pelvic adjustment that allows more movement and releases tension. Getting it prior to birth can help labor go more smoothly.
- Your chiropractor uses special tables that are designed to adjust to your body.
- Dr. Lou will also give you great exercises and stretches that can strengthen your pelvic floor increase your power both before, during and after giving birth.
What You Avoid with Pregnancy Chiropractic
Once pregnant, you go through so many changes that it’s tough to keep up. Your structure, bones, muscles and the endocrine system all adapt to the new space that is being formed for your child.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can help you keep a healthier body, reduce the effects of nausea, duration of labor, pain in the joints, neck and back, as well as reduce the possibility of a cesarean section.
The Webster Technique
This form of therapy designed by Larry Webster, who was the founder of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, allows chiropractors to equalize the pressure in the pelvis, making birth a potentially easier experience.
Studies have found that even during a breech position in the 8th month of pregnancy, the Webster technique can succeed in reversing a baby. The Webster technique for women in pregnancy is supported by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association.
The ideal behind the Webster technique is to allow women an easier time carrying their developing baby, and allowing baby a wider space to move and align to the best birthing position. Onset of back labor, a more difficult and painful form of contraction in which a majority of pressure is felt against the posterior during birth, is reduced using the Webster technique.
See Dr. Lou in Clifton for Pregnancy Chiropractic
Dr. Lou is a practiced hand at the Webster technique, which is quick, painless and can bring immediate benefit to women during pregnancy. If you have any questions about chiropractic during pregnancy, call the office and speak to Dr. Lou today.